Summer on the Psalms
Walk with Us
This summer, we are walking through the Psalms together. Come walk with us. Every day from May 29th to October 25th, 2016 there will be a devotion published here by a member of our congregation (or a sermon on Sundays). Every day the members of our congregation will read the same psalm, meditate on the same devotion and pray the same prayer. Our journey through the Psalms will be interesting, challenging and rewarding. Join the journey. Walk with us.
How To Join the Journey
- Smartphone users: Text @zionpsalms to the number 81010. You’ll receive a text every day to remind you to join us for the day’s devotion. Tell your friends!
- Email users: Click here to receive the daily devotions via email.
- Others: If you know someone who is unable to access the internet and would like a printed copy of the week’s devotions, please email or call the church office.
- Devotions will be published here. Click the daily devotion button for today’s devotion. For all the devotions and links to the scripture on Bible Gateway, click the calendar button.
- There won’t be a devotion for Sundays. The Sunday sermons will be based on the psalm for that day. The calendar page will have a link to the sermon video.
When You Do Your Daily Devotion
- Begin with prayer. Nothing fancy. Just something like, “God, guide me in your Word today.”
- Read the psalm for the day.
- Read through the devotion.
- Pray. There will be a prayer at the bottom of each devotion for us to pray together as members of the same journey. Use it and add to it. Nothing fancy. Pray what’s on your heart.